Sunday, January 01, 2006

Have a happy new year, and other superstitions

Every year, I try damn hard to enjoy myself on New Year's Eve. Like that Indian advertisement jungle goes "It's got to be-e-e-e-e-e-e Perfect" (what product was it, anyone remembers?).

The deal is that whatever happens on the D-Day follows you around the whole year through. So they say. And so at least it happens with me. Three years ago, I travelled out to Goa for celebrations, and as is law in Goa, had a blast for many, many hours followed by consciousness late next morning and then some beach-bumming and food hogging. That's what I did for the rest of the year too.

Then two years ago, I travelled out again, to another location but with the same regimen. And I've never travelled in my life as I did in the year that follwed: went to some new city every month, and not on work (and when it was on work, I managed to not have to do any!)- Kerela, Jaipur, Beijing, Shanghai,... The point being, this Happy New Year achievement can really work wonders, and has never failed me.

Last night was a mixed bag though. Maybe coz I was avoiding the wine (intend to have a level-headed year) or maybe coz I'm getting old (unavoidable despite all attempts). At least made a lot of money on Poker with good luck which is a welcome sign of things to come! But had a really Bad Hair Day, plus husband became bankrupt, and well, this combination foretells certain tragic movie scenes.

So currently I am on repairment mode: hair oilling, and taking over husband's finances, etc. Am also doing all the things I hope to do regularly for the rest of the year. Friends must be called, and schedules must be easy, and cooking must be avoided, and gifting must be encouraged, and for starters at least, this blog has been written.

Hope you are having a great day too. Try harder!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belive mE;
There eXists a design
and for all we knOw its perFectly finE,

It plAys by yOur Superstitions,
and yeT accounts for aLL things-dIvInE.

Believe me :)
There is a design!


- Gurdeepak Ahuja

Deliciously Alive said...

Anuja!:-)

Droped in here courtesy Pranav's Blog:-)
I agree with your views on whatever-you-do-on-the-first-day-of-the-year-the-rest-of-the-year-follows-the-pattern:-)))))))))))

For the past 3 years i have been lighting a diya and praying to God at 12 shrp....and hes smiling down at me....AND HOW!;-))))))))

Wishing you a superrrrrrrrrrr 2006!:-))

Slainte!
Mayuri!;-)